« Home | The Tao of Tahvo »

My New Passion


As a classical trained cellist who played solo as well as 1st chair in various orchestras and chamber music ensembles, I had always longed to play in a band. I even had a pick-up for my cello so I could play electric cello in various summerstock theater productions. I worked in a music store with a bunch of rock musicians and really wanted to learn how to play electric bass but didn't have time to focus on two instruments.

Well, years later I decided to take the plunge. I was about to join a not-for-profit board and realized that I didn't want to spend what little free time I had asking people for money. I had to listen to my inner musical voice and follow my dream. In December I decided to take up the bass guitar. Ulimately, I'd like to play in band (for fun, not work :>) as well as experiment with digital music and video composition and production.

I found an inspirational teacher -- Buddy Booker (http://www.buddybooker.com) and bought my first bass guitar -- a desert gold Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling.



Funky Girl
Originally uploaded by askgadgetgirl.